(no subject)

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 6, 1997

RANGASWAMY@plh.af.mil wrote:

> Finally, the most significant contribution of Sri Andal is the
> beautiful
> portrayal of the all pervasiveness of Lord Narayana through the
> salutations
> "UnnakkE NamAzhchaivOm" and "NarayaNanE NammakE ParatharuvAn"

The use of NaaraayaNanE and namakkE is significant in the paasuram.Why
should Andal use naaraayaNanE instead of naaraayaNan?
Why should she use namakkE instead of namakku?

Our poorvaachaaryaas say that the use of naaraayaNanE in this paasuram
is
to give us the message that it is NaaraayaNan *alone* who can give us
mOksha. There is nothing we do, or nothing we can do that will do the
same.

And namakkE is used to mean 'even us, who do not know anything, and who
are living in this samsaaram, without realising out swaroopa gnyaanam'.
It is
real humbling to note that this is being said by the gOpiyars in the
paasuram,
who probably were the closest to being parama bhaagavathaas, because
they knew
of nothing other than Krishna and wanted nothing other than Him.

Aazhvaar emperumaanaar jeeyar thiruvadigaLE saranam,
Varadhan