You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 1997

Re: Thirupoovanur Sri Ramar Temple

From: R. Skrintha (srik_at_iiap.ernet.in)
Date: Sun Aug 03 1997 - 14:04:22 PDT

Dear Bhaagavata-s,

  I earlier wrote as part of an appeal:-

>                    || SRI RAMA JAYAM ||
>
>                AN APPEAL FOR A NOBLE CAUSE
>
>  Thirupovanur, also known as Punnagavankshetram, is on the banks
> of the river Pamini between Needamangalam and Mannargudi, in Tanjore.

  I am extremely sorry for the lapse: please read the first line in lower
case as:-

  "Thirupoovanur, also known as Punnagavanakshetram, is on the banks..."

Please let me add my heartfelt thanks to Shri Sudarshan for having shared his
thoughts on Bheeshma Sthuti in his typically captivating style of language.
I wish him all the best in his future endeavours!

 Hari Om,
 srikanth