Re: Brahman's omnipresence after cosmic dissolution

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 26, 2002

Ramkumar

Depends on what Pralayam you are considering. In the Bhagavatam
different types of Pralayam are mentioned.

One is a mild form (Naimittika ?) which probably occurs at the end of
each ChaturYugam when the SaptaRishis come back and help re-instate
the degraded and lost Vedas.

The MahaPralayam occurs at the end of each Kalpam (1000
ChaturYugams). That lasts for an entire night of Brahma which also
spans 1000 ChaturYugams.

This goes on and on till finally Brahma's 100yrs comes to an end. Our
Brahma is currently in the 2nd-50yrs of his life-span (Dwitiya-
ParArdham).

When the total dissolution happens, Brahmam still exists. The 2
qualities such as Ananta-tvam & Satya-tvam hold even then. At this
stage all matter collapses, space collapses, even time collapses.

This is the most interesting part where Sri Suka says that there is
no TIME also in that state. All the modern Physicists should probably
take a look at this highly valuable Space-Time relationships being
elucidated in our scriptures.

Thus creation proceeds like the web of a spider, where both the
spider and the web exist after the creation of the web. Sometimes,
the spider, not satisfied with its web, draws the entire thing back
into itself, and only the spider exists.

The cosmic universe manifests from the Brahmam just as the web
manifests from the spider.

Radhe Krishna

-- Pradeep