Re: Re: Vinayaka Posed as Lord Krishna

From the Bhakti List Archives

Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh

---- Begin Original Message ----

From: Mani Varadarajan
Sent: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 12:31:34 -0700
To: vayyangar@hotmail.com
CC: bhakti-list@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: Vinayaka Posed as Lord Krishna

VedAntam S. Ayyangar writes:
> A few so called 'vaishnavas' and 'iyengars' (here one is not
> sure what five angams we refer to!), wear their yangjyopavItam
> around their ear (like when one visits a souchAlay) when
> accepting SatAri and ThIrtam at SwAmi [Desika]'s Sannidhi at
> the holiest of holy places for a Sri Vaishnavan i.e, SriRangam.

I seriously doubt that this is true. It sounds like one
of those ugly, farfetched rumors that are propagated by
extremists on either side of the Sri Vaishnava schism.
I have heard numerous such falsities since I have been
privileged to manage this List, and in every instance
each has been proven to be pure, unsubstantiated rumor.

For one, do you think the archakar swAmi at Desikan Sannidhi
would even consider giving tIrtham or SaThAri to someone
who showed such outward signs of disrespect?

Please -- if you hear a rumor, don't believe it unless it
is verified either first-hand or by *unbiased*, authoritative
sources.  At the very least, do not propagate such nonsense
on this list.

Thanks,

---- End Original Message ----

Enjoy being an Indyan at http://www.indya.com