Re: Vinayaka Posed as Lord Krishna

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 25, 2001

Sri:

Dear BhAgavathAs,
AdiyEn's 2 cents' worth on this topic. It would be out of pure enthusiasm
and ignorance of the nature of God (all other than Sriyafpati Sriman
NArAyana is 'god'), that this would have happened. As a good Sri Vaishnava
one should thank our AchAryas, our parents and the Divya Dhampatis for
having kept us out of this 'ganam' and its 'pati'. Such incidents abound in
this world and will consume our everything if we spend our life time on
this. So these are best ignored.

There are problems nearer home. For starters, are you aware of the treatment
meted out to our AchArya SArvabhowman Vishnu GhantAvatAram VenkatanAthan
Swami NigamAntha MahA DEsikan? A few so called 'vaishnavas' and 'iyengars'
(here one is not sure what five angams we refer to!), wear their
yangjyopavItam around their ear (like when one visits a souchAlay) when
accepting SatAri and ThIrtam at SwAmi's Sannidhi at the holiest of holy
places for a Sri Vaishnavan i.e, SriRangam.

Now how will you condemn this? The best method would be to pray to the Divya
Dhampati at Srirangam to change the outlook of these souls. When correcting
self (AdiyEn that is) is in itself a life time job and continues till rigor
mortis sets in, where is the time for all these distractions.

On a lighter note: AdiyEN would even salute this sculpter who showed that
god VinAyaka (jeevan) & its idol (achEtana) is pervaded by Vishnu
(ParamAtman Sriman NArAyana). Please don't miscontrue that AdiyEn subscribes
to the theory that implores people to worship any and every god (read
jeevan) because it is pervaded by Vishnu or theories that deviate from the
way recommended by AlwArs and AchArya and the pratamAcharyan or propounded
by individualistic ideas that 'sound' very logical

DAsan
VedAntam SrinivAsarAghavan Ayyangar

Purpose of life is transform your ability to experience living, so that the
situation you have been 'trying to change' or have been 'putting up with'
will clear in the process of life itself :o)