Re: abhivAdanA

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 21, 2001

namO nArAyaNA!

there is no problem if somebody says "his name" and
then dasan instead of sarman in his abhivadanam. since
not everybody who gets his upanayanam done, gets the
pancha samskaram done, he is instructed to use the
word sarman. only after panchasamskaram is done, he
gets dasan as the suffix. so he is more used to using
saraman in his abhivadhanam....

THERE WOULDNT BE ANY MISTAKE IF HE USES DASAN INSTEAD
OF SARMAN IN ABHIVADANAM.

I WOULD REQUEST OTHER LEARNED MEMBERS TO GIVE THEIR
VIEW POINT ALSO.

adiyen ramanuja dasan

Sudharshan
--- Vasu Venkat  wrote:
> Dear Sri Sudarshan,
> wrote in the last
> portion,
> > (5) Naama:- Scriptures have enjoined that one's
> > personal name should be auspicious for a Brahmin,
> > indicative of valour for a Kshatriya, indicative
> of
> > wealth for a Vysya and indicative of service for a
> > Suudra and should end should end with Sarmaa for a
> > Brahmin and Verma for a Kshatriya Gupta for a
> Vaisya
> > and dasa for a Suudra
> I have also read about this in the Tamil
> transalation of 'Sri VishnuPuranam'
> .
> My doubt now is after samashrayanam, we sri
> vaishnavas are given"dasa
> namas". Should'nt this
> be stated in the course of

Abhivadanam(eg.Abivaadaye.............VasuVenkataRaghava

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/