Re: Requesting info About Ghostipuram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 15, 2001

Dear Sri Kadambi:
GhOshtipuram is indeed one of the 108 dhivya dEsams
in the Paandya Naadu . It is also called ThirukkOttiyUr.
ThirukkOttiyUr Nampi lived there and AchArya RaamAnujA made
18 trips there from Srirangam to get ManthrArtha UpadEsam .

PerumAL there is Soumya NaarAyaNan . There are other sannidhis
as well .

Modern day GOshtipuram Swamy was born 122 years ago and was
a contemproary of InjimEttu Azhagiya Singar and PutthankOttakam
Swamy. GhOshtipuram Swamy's Saasthra Jn~Anam and pravachanam sakthis
were legendary . Dr.S.M.S Chari , who is now in California performed
KalakshEpam
under GhOshtipuram Swamy.

There is a lot more information available about Goshtipuram Swamy.

V.Sadagopan