Fw: Emperumanar Darsanam --- Old Age problems

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 13, 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: sampath kumar
To: SriRangaSri@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 9:06 PM
Subject: Fw: Emperumanar Darsanam --- Old Age problems

Sent: Monday, August 13, 2001 8:48 PM
Subject: Emperumanar Darsanam --- Old Age problems

Yesterday I had sent a mail on old age problem and I was wondering whether it was in impulsive action by me.I glance a few News papers before the start of the work, and on top of the  bunch, was todays  Indian Express[dt 13th Aug)ON the front page ,an article had appeared  on Widows of Vrindavan.I have heard of Lord Krishna doing His Narthanam all over Brindavan but the title of the article  disturbed me a little and  I  read the article  keeping my office work aside for few minutes.
The reporting  goes like this.The ideal place to live at the fag end of the life is Brindavan ,as people,especially ladies believe from Brindavan you reach Moksha.So the practice of old aged ladies comming to Brindavan started.The ladies used to spend their time singing in praise of the Lord thro the day continued .Then came the day when it became the "dumping ground" for widows and destitute ladies.With so many of them around it became difficult to maintain feeding all these ladies .Now they have to sing for atleast for four hrs in praise of the Lord when they will be given Rs2 per day for their maintenance.There are a number of Dharmashalas in Brindavan.
The reporter who filed the news  wanted to to do an investigative report.So he enters few of the Darmasalas and interviews the inmates.A number of them are from Bengal, the place which gave to this Universe  Chaithanya Maha Prabhu.A number of them have been driven away from their houses and in a number of cases sons have physically assaulted thier own mothers.The sons and daughters "realised"their old parents  are "expenses".The article further narrates the pathetic condition in which these  followers of Lord Krishna live and so on.
While in North India Janmashtami of Lord Krishna  was being celebrated  with pomp and gaiety the story appered  in the paper.
Can we safely presume the followers of Lord Krishna also Vaishnavites.
Let me repeat the same question which I raised yesterday.What has got Emperumanar Darsanam to do with this problem.Our Jagathacharian Ramanuja ,has he said anything  to  help another Srivaishnavite?

Jaya Sriman Narayana
Sri Mudaliyandan Swami shishya Sampath

---