You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : August 2001

Re: Legend of Yadagiri Gutta

adiyaen_at_hotmail.com
Date: Thu Aug 09 2001 - 08:06:50 PDT

Sri Mattapalli NaaTam PranathOsmi Nithyam Namaha

--- In bhakti-list@y..., Venkatesh Vankipuram <venkat@u...> wrote:
> The cave is formed under a huge rock, which forms a
> sloping roof into a height of just 5-ft in the middle
> for the passage inside. While going through this
> constricted passage one has necessarily to lower his
> head slightly.
>  As these two images of the Lord are not
> clearly visible to the worshippers, the icons of
> Goddess Laxmi and Narasimha are made in silver and
> kept near the original Vigraha for darshan and
> worship.

The Nrusimha Vigraham in this temple is a delight to watch.
Especially the tirumugamandalam. Our perumAL's head is tilted
sideways and pitched forward as if to enthusiastically welcome
HIS child who has just entered the small passageway. The tilting
seems to have naturally occured to the stapathi's delight.