Re: Alwar Stotram

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 7, 2001

--- In bhakti-list@y..., venkat@u... wrote:
> Hello Bhagavathas,
> I am searching online for stotras praising the Alwars in Tamil.I am
> not sure how to look for them. Can some one help me out
> Thanking you,
> -Venkatesh Vankipuram

There are two popular paasurams praising the Alwars

1. Swami Desikar's Prabhanda Saaram
   http://www.ramanuja.org/desika/psaram18.txt
2. Sri Manavaala Maamuni's Upadesa Rattina Malai

There is another collection that is part of the 4000.
3. Naalaayira Taniyankal
   http://www.srivaishnava.org/slokas/slokas.htm

The first 2 generally give the time and dates of the Alwar's
vaibhavam and gives a very generic list of accomplishments. The third
is a list of paasurams composed by other poorvaacharyas praising each
of the prabhandam composed by the alwars.

In most cases you would be able to locate  many Sri Vaishnava related
material at the following two sites. They both have search options
that you can use as well as browse the categories.

http://www.ramanuja.org
http://www.srivaishnava.org

If you do not find what you are looking for, then you can follow the
links from these two sites.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Venkatesh Elayavalli