Re[2]: demi-gods

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 28, 2000

     Dear All,

     This is rather unfortunate. As Smt Subha has explained in her message,
     ignorance is not a crime. When adiyEn sent my posting clarifying all
     her doubts, adiyEn never criticised her for incorrect interpretation
     of Sri MadhavakkaNNan's mail.

     It is hard to believe and digest that members of this group are
     sending such anonymous mails. This is totally against our sampradhAyam
     too. Not about sending anonymous mails, but hurting one's feeling. The
     mails that Smt Subha referred seems to be once again out of
     misunderstanding of her mails. But if it is done with some real
     unethical purpose this needs to be condemned. As Shri Mani also
     pointed out, please remember that not all the 600 odd members of the
     list are learned (about our sampradhAyam) and are scholars. There are
     many aspiring entrants without any knowledge about our sampradhAyam
     and are very much interested in learning it and following it.

     These kind of anonymous mails will only demotivate people from joining
     the list and getting to know about the sampradhAyam. More over it will
     make others, who have genuine doubts, or even for that sake a doubt
     which others may consider silly but certainly he/she is not aware off,
     feel afraid to ask the questions in the forum.

     One more request, controlling the personal mails or tracing it is
     difficult. Let us not do such filthy acts of attacking a person from
     behind. Once again the usage of words, as emphasized by Shri Mani and
     others, time and again is more important.

     Hope we will not see such rubbish in future. However adiyEn places my
     humble request to Smt Subha to not to be carried away by this and as a
     result unsubscribe from the list. Instead, please continue in the vein
     of " pORRuvAr pORRalum, thooRRuvAr thooRRalum, pOgaTTum kaNNanukkE".
     We are here to learn and we will only concentrate on learning despite
     what others say. If you can respond to this positively, that's this
     adiyavan's bhAghyam.

     adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan

     Thirumalai Vinjamoor Venkatesh