Re: demigod worship

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 25, 2000

Sri Madhavakkannan wrote:
> I am sorry, Sri Mani, if I have spelt out some rahasyam as I was not aware
> of it. [...] Thanks very much, Sri Mani for
> "thirutthi paNikOLLu"fying (correcting) adiyEn.

Dear Sri Madhavan,

Please don't apologize! I don't mean to say that rahasyas shouldn't be
discussed at all, but that these subjects need to be approached with
delicacy in a mixed audience. The idea of Emberumaan being a 'nAyaka'
in the SRngAra-bhAva makes sense only to those who have surrendered to him;
therein, I humbly feel, lies the rahasya.  And I don't mean to correct you
but to mediate between two honest opinions.

With respect,
dAsan,