kooRai sORu

From: Vijay Triplicane (vtriplic_at_divi.com)
Date: Mon Aug 21 2000 - 11:31:32 PDT

My sincere thanks to Smt. Lakshmi and Sri Varadhan for a very
interesting description of the pUrvAchArya vyAkyAnams on this topic.
Smt. Lakshmi thoroughly enjoys researching the prabhandhams, I guess.
Thats only when you can come up with such interesting discussions.
(Being a resident of thiruvallikkENi helps a lot!!! )

Varadhaa, I wish to make one minor point to complete the discussion.
I see that "kOORai sORu ivay" has been translated as follows:
"kooRai sORu ivai - kURaiyum sORum - shelter and food"

"kURai" here has a vallina "Ra". In this context, it means
dress/clothing, as in "kooRai pudavai", some expensive silk dress...
kOORai is always used in the prabhandhams as an earthly association,
kAmyam...

"kUrai" with idayina "ra" would mean roof/shelter...

adiyEn
-Viji
(Vijay Triplicane)

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds! Apply NOW!
1. Fill in the brief application
3. Get rates as low as 0.0% Intro APR and no annual fee!