Re: KamalHassan's diatribes

From the Bhakti List Archives

• June 3, 2000

Dear Mr. Subramanian ,
  Yes, I agree with You. I was deeply pained
to Learn about the Kamal Hassan Interview.
  I come from a Sri Vaishnava family, and I was
sad to see Kamal Hasan speak so badly about the
glorious Sri-Vaishnava tradition.
Unfortunately, this is the Dark age of Kali-Yuga,
and the Srimad Bhagavatam predicts a gradual decline
in people's faith in God/Religion/Vaishnavism.

  But according to the Brahma Vaivarta Purana, there
is going to be a 10,000 year Golden age period where there
will be Vaishnavas, despite the bad influence of Kali Yuga.
For this 10,000 year period, Sripad Ramanujacharya Predicted
 as follows :---
  "The pure devotion to Sri Hari
devoid of karma and jnana will grow and grow like a banyan
tree, teaching everyone who takes shelter."
 (Prapannamrta tarpana - last chapter).
  So we must take shelter, and we must remember the painstaking
efforts taken by great acharyas like Sripad Ramanujacharya, Sripad Yamunacharya, to spread
vaishnavism among the people, and we must
always glorify them, since they are most dear to the Lord. So the
Lord will be pleased if we follow their instructions.
Best Regards,
Vivek.