Re: KamalHassan's diatribes

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 19, 2000

This is not unusual. In fact, I like Kamal as an actor and that is
where I stop. Personally, not many folks care much about his
religious views. whatever small following he had in the past has
disappeared or crossed over to Rajini, who is a devoted Raghavendra
follower.

While kamal goes about criticising religion, his favourite
politician, TN CM K. Karunanidhi goes about giving out awards in the
name of Ramanuja. CM has also, recently, written a forward to a book
on Sri Ramanuja's life.

who would have expected these kind of changes !!!

--- In bhakti-list@egroups.com, "Subra Manian"  wrote:
> Respected members of this list,
> Pranams !
> I am not sure if this information can be posted here, but still I
am posting as I felt pained after seeing/listening to an interview by
actor KamalHassan.

> On Aug-15th , there was an interview in one of the popular tamil tv
channels where in Kamal was interviewed by Lyricist Vairamuthu. While
Kamal had advocated his feelings many a times in his earlier
interviews about his non-beliefs in
God/religion/brahminism/Vaishnavism, this is the first time I saw him
speaking like this.
> While everyone have their right to practice their belief (or rather
non-belief), people with powerful voices (or rather acceptance) are
expected to show restraint.

> He talked about why he refused to undergo upanayanam when it was
planned by his father, he need not have used phrases like 'I did not
need an aid to scratch my back in the bathroom' kind of language and
talking ill about srivaishnavism as well.
> Being a born-Srivaishnavite, he could have been more subtle in his
language. His double standards stand well exposed when he uses the
same religion/brahminism/vaishnavism in his movie roles to further
commercial interests.
> When a person like him (who can influence lots of youngsters
through his actions) is using such language against his own born-
religion/sect, it is likely that many youngsters of this age are
likely to get influenced by this type of double-speaks.

Mail account at http://www.eudoramail.com