Re: Dates for Sri HayagrIva Jayanthi & Yajur UpAkarma

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 10, 2000

Dear Shri Sadagopan & Bhakti Group members:

I thought that Hayagreeva Jayanti coincides with Avani-Avittam (i.e. one day
prior to Avani-Avittam).  The Jayanthis are generally determined on the
basis of lunar calendar (ChandrAyana).  Mani Varadarajan had posted an
article in connection with Rama Navami.  The same thing may apply here too.
In view of this do you still think that Hayagreeva Jayanti falls on Sept.
10.  We are planning to celebrate it on Aug. 14.  Will you also kindly
clarify this from HH Azhagiya Singhar.  Thanks.

Vijayaraghavan
Buffalo, NY