Re: Need to know

From: Ramanan Rajagopalan (sriethiraja_at_ureach.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 06:51:28 PDT

Hi! Priya,

Here are some examples from history which may help you in
knowing the significance of worshipping God in temples. Even
though Great saints have realized God with in self,they have
poured out their Bhakti in worshipping God in Idol form in
temples.Here are few instances that will be sound:

Kulasekara Alwar has sung "Padiyay Kidanthu Un pavazha Vai
Kanbebe", and also "TiruVenkata malaiyil ethenum avene"
on Lord Venkatachalapathy.

Tiruppanalwar has sung in praise of Lord Ranganatha longing for
his Darshan from the opposite bank of kaveri.

One of the nayanars in a Siva temple has sung for the darshn of
Lord by asking the Nandhi to move a bit on one side so that ti
does'nt block the Darshan.

There are many instances from the Bhakti cult which clearly
show the significance of worshipping God in temples.

Hope this may help you.

Dasan,
Ramanan

---- On Wed, 09 Aug 2000, priya5050@yahoo.com
(priya5050@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Why do we all go to a temple....it is said ..the heart is the
place
> of god...then why temple...

>            - SrImate rAmAnujAya namaH -
> Visit http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/ for more information

Get your own "800" number - Free
Free voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
3. Get rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!