Re: Need to know

From: Ramanan Rajagopalan (sriethiraja_at_ureach.com)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2000 - 06:08:14 PDT

Hi! Priya:

God, when worshipped in Archa rupa(in the form of idol) is very
influential and easy to realize for all.That is the main reason
behind going to temples. Of course, if you can realize God with
in yourself,it is fine. Temples were built by kings in olden
days to worship God through some specific code of rules, in
order to inculcate discipline in people. Temples were also
considered a place of protection for people of particular area
during the time of flood or other natural disaster. Idols kept
in temples,and worshipped with regular poojas have more
pavithram.

Hope this may answer atleast a part of your question.

Dasan,
Ramanan

---- On Wed, 09 Aug 2000, priya5050@yahoo.com
(priya5050@yahoo.com) wrote:

> Why do we all go to a temple....it is said ..the heart is the
place
> of god...then why temple...

>            - SrImate rAmAnujAya namaH -
> Visit http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/ for more information

Get your own "800" number - Free
Free voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag

Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!
1. Fill in the brief application
3. Get rates as low as 2.9% Intro or 9.9% Ongoing APR and no annual fee!