Re: [Need to know]

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 9, 2000

>priya5050@yahoo.com wrote:
>Why do we all go to a temple....it is said ..the heart is the place
>of god...then why temple...

Dear Shree/Shreemathi Priya,

The sAstra says that the supreme self Shreeman Narayana Paramatman
shows himself in five forms which are 1. Para, 2. Vyuha, 3. Vibhava
4. Haarda (antaryami-Roopam) and 5. Archa.

"the heart is the place of god" - I think you are refering to the
Haarda form of Vishnu. This is true but it can be realised only by
Yogis. Similarly, the Para form can be seen only by nitya soories and
mukta jeevaatmans. The Vyuha form of Vishnu can be seen by certain
demi-gods only. The Vibhava form can be seen only by those who are
present during the time of incarnation and also those who have the
blessings of Vishnu.

Archa form is in the temples of Vishnu and everyone can see and enjoy
the Lord Shreeman Narayana Paramatman in this form very easily.
Seeing the Archa form of Lord Vishnu in temples makes a person to
purify his thoughts and actions. The Archa form of Lord Vishnu makes
a person to get involved in the kalyaNa guNAs of the Lord. Shree
Vaishnavas are supposed to go only to Vishnu Temples. The Archa form
of Lord Vishnu is as divine as the other four forms told above.

Thanks & Regards
M.S.HARI Ramanuja Daasan.