You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : April 1998

Sri Ramanujacharya's Nava RathnangaL

From: Madhavakkannan V (srivaishnavan_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 07 1998 - 23:10:49 PDT

Sri:

Dearest Sisters and Brothers,

Couple of days back, there was a query from a new member of the Bhakti
Group regarding the works of Sri RamanujAchArya (with a brief
description in one to two sentences) . There are nine works of our
dearest AchAryA. (nava rathnangaL)

1.  Sri Bhashyam- The commentary on Brahma sUthrA that establishes
Vishishtadvaitic Siddhaantham.
2.  Vedantha saarA-
3.  Vedantha DeepA-
4.  Vedantha sangraham- These three provide shorter and intermediate
versions of the commentary on Brahma sUthram.

The above three provide the most authoritative texts for us to
comprehend the glory of Bhagavadh Ramanuja Siddhaantham.

5.  GitA bhashyam- Self explanatory. (Can someone please mention if
there is any English translation of RamanujAís gItA Bhashyam in the
lines of Vishitadvaitic Siddhaantham?)
6.  SharanAgathy Gadhyam - Prose type composition on his ultimate
surrender to Lord through Periya Piraatti Sri MahA Lakshmiís
recommendation and assurance and the Lordís reply.
7.  Sri Rnga Gadhyam- Prose type composition on his disqualification and
Sri Ranganathanís most auspicious attributes
8.  Sri Vaikunta Gadhyam- The jIvanís travel to Sri vaikuntam and the
beautiful narration of the Parama Padham and its Nathan.
9.  Nityam- The Nitya karma anushtaanangaL, a sri vaishnavan shall
perform daily.

Dear sisters and Brothers, please correct me any errors/mistakes in the
above else it will mislead people (including me)

Thanjam adaindha nam RamanujanE thanjam

NarayaNa dAsan Madhavakkannan