Rama Navami

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 7, 1998

Dear Friends,

I have been unsuccessful in transmitting this article for
the past couple of days. Please bear with me for my retransmission
attempt

Namo Narayana,

Muralidhar Rangaswamy

[icon]                                         Dictionary
         [icon]                       RELATED:
                         [-]                    Thesaurus
         In-Box
[-]      [-]

Date: Sun, 5 Apr 1998 07:58:29 -0500 (CDT)
From: ranga1@ix.netcom.com (Muralidhar Rangaswamy)  [Save Address] [Block Sender]
Subject: Test
To: rangaswamy_m@hotmail.com
 [PaperClip] Attachment Enclosed!

   [Reply/ReplyAll/Forward]  [Delete]  [Prev/Next Message]
                           [Close]
[-]

Dear Friends,

For the most auspicious occasion of Sri Rama Navami, I wish to share with you
Sri Kulashekara
Perumal's Anubhavam of Lord Rama from the tenth decad of Perumal Tirumozhi.
Kulashara
Azhwar  shared the Nakshatram of  his Abimana Daivam, Lord Rama. His devotion
and
concern for Lord Rama  are unparalleled. During the recitation of the Ramayana,
the narrator
presented the episode of Lord Rama singlehandedly taking on the fourteen
thousand demons at Janasthana. Greatly concerned for the Lord, Kulashekara
Perumal immediately ordered his
army to rush to the help of the Lord. Only when the narrator said that the Lord
returned victorious
from his battle, did the Azhwar calm down. In this set of ten Pasurams the
Azhwar eulogizes
Lord Govindaraja of  Tiruchitrakootam as his abhimana daivam, Lord Rama.

1.  There was a town known as Ayodhya surrounded on all four sides by beautiful
and tall forts. One who made Ayodhya a dazzling beauty in the whole world; one
who was a guiding light in the dynasty of the sun; one who had the valor to
protect devas; was L
ord Rama with lotus-like eyes and a body like a dark cloud, and He is now in
Kaliyuga at Thillainagar also known as Tiruchitrakoota in archa-roopa. When will
I have the opprotunity to see the Lord, the cause of the whole Universe to my
heart's content.
2.  In Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakoota with beautiful shady gardens of chanpaka
trees with fully bloomed flowers amidst buds, some 3000 Srivaishnavas praying to
the Lord seated on an aasanam (throne) studded with precious gems. Is it not
this Lord who as a
youngster ripped apart the chest of Thataka who attacked him, the flood of blood
oozing from her solidified like a hill; who, by the use of a single arrow,
killed string rakshasas to protect the sacrifices of sage Vishwamitra - a master
of mantras and ved
as.
3.  One who broke the bow of Lord  Shiva (One who rides the wild bull) to win
the hand of the red complexioned  and beautiful Sita with  dark big eyes; one
who conquered the axe-wielding Parasurama by taking from him the powerful and
attractive bow (Vishn
u Danus); one who displayed his valor by destroying all wicked persons ; is Lord
Rama holdingin his broad hand the unconquerable bow at Thillainagar,
Tiruchitrakootam with tall walls and buildings all round creating fear in the
minds of enemies. I bow at
the of those praying to the Lord.
4.  One who left the traditional family town (Ayodhya) respecting the words of
Kaikeyi with  curly hairs wearing fully blown flowers; one who used the services
of the devoted Guha to reach the other shore of Ganga; one who entered the
forest; one who gave
 the Bharata the Padukas and the kingdom; One who stayed at chitrakoota (in
North India); that Rama today lives in Thillainagar in Tiruchitrakootam. The
eyes can see Him to full satisfaction. Are not the Bhaktas in this world equal
to Nityasuris in Sri Va
ikuntam?
5.  Lord Sri Rama who killed Virata stretching his heavy and long arms to
destroy his enemies; who took the sacred bow from sage Agastya, the promoter of
pure Tamil; who maimed the nose the demoness Soorpanaka desirous of displaying
her charm; who killed
demons Kara And Dooshana; who killed the golden deer (Maaricha) using the bow;
that Sri Rama is now in Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakootam in arch-roopa. People
moving about after praying to him with bent heads and folded hands has made this
earth sacred.
6.  Lord Rama who experienced agony due to the separation from Sita with
breasts; who sent Jatayu to Vaikunta; who made fiendship with  the King of
monkeys (Sugriva) hiding in forests; who killed Vali; who had Lanka burnt by
Hanuman to humble the arrogan
ce of Ravana, the King of Rakshasas; is now in Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakootam in
a beauitful archa form. How proud I am to sing the praise of the feet of those
praying Lord Rama.
7.  Lord Rama who made the roaring sea repent by the use of a fearful arrow and
subsequently built a bridge through which he recahed the other shore; who killed
fiery Rakshasas  holding big spears and the King of Lanka; who gave the kingdom
to Vibheeshana
; who got the wealth of reuniting with Sita; is now ruling Thillainagar. The
kingdom of placing His lotus feet on my head is the only kingdom. All others, I
do not consider as kingdom.
8.  One who was seated on throne in Ayodhya with multi-storied building
beautifully decorated with precious stones and gems administering the Kingdom;
who listened directly from sage Agastya, the prestigious stories of his earlier
deeds like killing Ravan
a and others; who listened to his own story from the mouth, resembling a red
coral, of children (Lava and Kusha) born to Him and Sita; that Lord Rama is now
in Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakootam. Those who experienced the story of the Lord
with tears in their
 eyes will even consider nectar as being worthless.
9.  My Lord Rama, who searched for Samvaka doing penance and killed him (for
violating the rules of varnashrama); who saved the life of a brahmin vedic
scholar; who wearing a precious diamond necklace got Lavanasura by his brother
Shatrugna; who got separ
ated from the invincible and valiant Lakshmana as a result of the insistence of
sage Durvasa; is now staying permanently at Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakootam. We,
whose minds are permanently set in Him, will not have future miseries.
10.  Lord Rama, who then made every sentinent and insentinent being reach Sri
Vaikuntam; who after defeating Rakshasas claim the strong Garuda - the enemy of
snakes (to go to Vaikuntam); who shone with  his four strong and victorious
hands; who after bein
g received by those in Vaikuntam sat in hIs place. ThisLord today, to bring
forth His glory has permanently stayed at Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakootam to
enable us to surrender to Him. Oh Bhaktas! By praising Him in this way or in any
other way everyday, yo
u will always be blessed.
11.  In Thillainagar, Tiruchitrakootam, Lord Rama along with  valiant Hanuman is
residing permanently. The story of this Lord with  immeasurable benevolent
qualities starting from His incarnation as the Son of Dasaratha, and ending with
His return to Sri
Vaikuntam was composed in sweet and chaste Tamil by Kulasekhara Azhwar, King of
Kolli, possessing sharp and bright sword; King of Urayur; honored  by white
umbrella. Those who recite with understanding these 10 poems will the benevolent
feet of Lord Naray
ana.

   [Reply/ReplyAll/Forward]  [Delete]  [Prev/Next Message]
                           [Close]
[-]

 [Move To]

[© 1996-1998 Hotmail.  All Rights Reserved.]