re: some thought on "parasurama"

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 6, 1995

Krishna writes:
> coming to naalayiram,  they were all "purusha krita" authored by human beings
> this makes them not acceptable as valid testimony - even though naalayiram
> may explain the truths better than the vedas!!  IT is even true that naalayiram
> explains vivid details of the experience of God not found in the available
> portions of vedas. but when other vedantic
> faiths are involved in any argument, naalayiram cannot be brought in as
> testimony.

I understand your point on inter-scholastic debate, but don't
our acharyas consider azhvaar paadals to be apaurusheya in the same sense
as the Vedas? I think the normal citation is a paasuram where
Nammaazhvaar says that PerumaaL sings through him (the obvious
analogy being that just as the rishis were the means for the
broadcasting of the Veda, so is Nammaazhvaar simply being used
by God as an instrument).

Mani