RE: [ramanuja] (SRI MUDALIANDAN SWAMI THIRUMALIGAI) UBANAYANA BRAHMOPADESA MAHOTSAVA PATHRIKA

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 25, 2003

sRi:
Srimathe Ramanujaya Namaha
Srimathe Vara Vara Munaye Namaha
Sri Venkata Gurave Namaha
Sri Annavilappan Thiruvadigale Charanam

Dear Ramanuja Srivaishnavas
Adiyen's namaskarams, as you know Swamy Mudaliyandan was "bHagineyar"
(sister's son) to Swamy Emberumanar, on top of all Athma Sambandham , Swmay
Mudaliyandan had the Dhega Sambandham too . Even Swamy KoorathAlwan once
quoted "pathakku Athma Sambandham undAyinum uzhakku dhedha sambandham illayE
!" such was the greatness of swamy Mudaliyandan and his descendant(9th) was
Swamy Appachiar Anna who was addressed by Swamy Manavala Mamunigal as "NAM
APPACHIAR ANNAO" who stands very much similar to Sathruguna Alwar
(SathruGuna Alwar Padi). Swamy Manvala Mamunigal asked our Acharya to do the
nithya Kaimkaryam and that too "Sala Kinaru" kaimkaryam at the Deva Perumal
Sannidhi once performed by our Jagathacharya sri Ramanuja, our Acharya was
reluctant to get in to that Kaimkaryam which will cause for the Seperation
from the Acharyan, to alleviate this swamy Manavala Mamunigal gave his
theertha pathram called "Ramanujam" and made two idols of him, one to swamy
Appachiar Anna and the next to his Acharyan HH Vanamamalai Kaliyan Swamy
(1st Peedam). Such was the Greatness of this lineage .

In addition to this swamy Appachiar Anna's Kumarar, Swamy Annavilappan was
the Acharya who found out the Azhagiya Singar and made the temple for Him at
SingaPerumal Koil, also renovated the whole village for His nithya
Kaimkaryam.

In this lineage ,now we had the Bhagyam of  taking part in the Upanayanam of
Kumarar. Those who can participate directly,if you need any accomodation or
any facility pl let me know, Adiyen is there at your service.
if you want to contribute to take part in this Kaimkaryam either you can
send a check directly to the Swamy's Address at Singaperumal Koil as
mentioned by Sri. Shantha Kumar, also for US Sishyas and Abimani's I would
like to offer
1) You can pay by Pay Pal to me
2)You can also send a check to VEDICS (Mukundan Pattangi, 824 S. Leavitt
Unit D Chicago, IL 60612 )

If you want any more info pl let me know

Best Regards
Gunaseelan V