Re: a request

From the Bhakti List Archives

• February 28, 2003

I am pretty new myself and I find this group very
informative. I am no scholar, I am a seeker of
knowledge. And I use discussion in such forums as a
way of gaining insight.

Here is what I feel about your question.

>so far only two are from brahmin community (vamana
>and parasurama) and they are not worshipped?

A man is born a Brahmin with the purpose of attaining
knowledge and serving God. God does not take an avatar
to gain knowledge on this earth. He invariably takes
an avatar when he feels he needs to fight some adharma
or adharmic people on this earth.

Thus, he needs to take birth as a Kshatriya.

But I fail to understand the relevance of this
question (on why only two avatars are of Brahmin birth
and are not worshipped) to the actual problem you are
facing in your village.

If you are trying to discredit brahmins by this, I
think you are wasting your time. Also, please keep in
mind that the scriptures and details on Gods Kshatriya
avatars etc have all been documented by Brahmins. The
Brahmins always gave the kshatrias the credit they
deserved. Just food for thought.

On some other threads, there has been a detailed
discussion on "Who is a brahmin". you may want to take
a look at that.

Best Regards,
-Vinayak

http://taxes.yahoo.com/