From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 24, 2002

SriRAmaJayam,
SrimathE RAmAnujAya Nama:

Dear balaji,
             To be frank this question never arose in me but after
you'd put forth, I tried to think what could be the possible reason!
I would be happy to hear the story from the learned people. But my
reasoning is as follows:

In MahAbhArata,after the war is over and when gandhari is informed
that duryOdhana passed away,gandhari triesto curse krSNA b'coz she
thought HE was the culprit(knowing everything HE still did). Remember
gandhari is a chaste woman. KrSNA tells her that she can't curse Him
(b'coz she doesn't have the power to curse krSNA and what He did was
to uplift the dharma but gandhari talks blinded by emotions)but if
she wants she can curse His yAdavA race. This is the story I've
heard! I am drawing parallel connections. I'm basically equating
krSNA with RAmAnujA without any ambiguity...

But RAmAnujA pours his feelings in saraNAgati gaDyam and cries to
Lord SriRanganAthA by saying "I might have done bhagavad and bhAgavad
apachArams and so on...and bless me to do eternal kainkaryams at your
feet".

One incidence is the one-one conversation between Tirukkachi nambi
and our dearest kanji "varadan". I really envy Tirukkachi nambi for
having great bhagyam to talk to the Lord Himself(at any time!). Nambi
cribs to the God saying that people have misconceptions and give
wrong interpretations to the vEdAs and he being born in a sudra
family,nobody is going to listen to him. That's why RAmAnujA comes to
make sense into peoples' mind! So in my opinion,Bhagavad RAmAnujA is
infallible.

If something is wrong,I request the learned bhaktAs to update my
knowledge

AzhwAr EmperumAnAr tiruvadigaLE saraNam
Sarvam krSNArpaNam astu
gita

--- In bhakti-list@y..., "K Balaji"  wrote:
> Dear BhagavatAs,
>
> While it is a commendable act of Acharya Ramanuja to share
Thirumandiram to