"eisegesis" == "upapatti" and "exegesis" == "anupapatti" ?

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 10, 2002

Just curious -

I have heard of sanskRt terms, "upa-patti" and "an-upa-patti".

Do "eisegesis" and "exegesis" described in the post below, possibly go
by "upa-patti" and "an-upa-patti" in sanskRt respectively ?

Could someone illustrate "eisegesis" and "exegesis" with examples?

Thanks

rAmAnuja-dAsan
//Ramkumar

--- In bhakti-list@y..., Martin Gansten  wrote:
> [...]
> One instance of this perspective is the scholarly [hyper]sensitivity
> eisegesis, that is, reading things *into* a text rather than *out of*
it
> (exegesis). Now, to some degree all theologians (of whatever
religion)
> always do this: it is in the nature of a systematic theology. But
when
> eisegesis is carried beyond a certain point, so that the general
tenor of
> the reading begins to differ significantly from that of the text
itself, I
> cannot help feeling that the text is being violated.
>
> In general, I find that Ramanuja's eisegesis, particularly of the
BhG,

http://taxes.yahoo.com/