Re: Question on English Translations of books on NyAya

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 27, 2000

SrI:
SrI Lakshminrusimha ParabrahmaNE namaha
SrI Lakshminrusimha divya pAdukA sEvaka SrIvaN SatakOpa -
SrI nArAyaNa yateendra mahAdESIkAya namaha

 Dear SrI Venkat,
 namO nArAyaNa.

Venkat Nagarajan wrote:

> Dear Baghavatas,
>
> I would very grateful if someone can answer the following
> two queries.
>
> 1.  Is there a English translation of  SwAmi DESikan's   "NyAya
> Parisuddhi" ?

   There is no English translation available as far my knowledge
   goes. UttamUr SwAmi's outstanding commentry in sanskrit is
   available. SrI Thirupputkuzhi swAmi has also written an
   excellent commentry in sanskrit for this work.

    SrI MadhurAntakam swAmi has translated the section on
   "anumAna" into tamil. This anumAna portion is the most
    important part of this grantham of SwAmi dESikan.

> 2.   Is there a English translation of Tarka Sangraha?

  Swami Virupakshananda of  Sri  Ramakrishna Mutt has well
  translated ANNambhaTTha's Tarka Sangraha.  This book
  has the sanskrit originals of Tarka Sangraha as well as the
  commentry "dIpika" by aNNambhaTTha himself. The author
  has well translated the dIpika  and also has given useful
  notes.

  adiyEn rAmAnuja dAsan,
  anantapadmanAbhan.
  krishNArpaNam.

GET WHO WANTS TO BE A MILLIONAIRE FREE!  GET THE OFFICIAL COMPANION
TO TELEVISION'S HOTTEST GAME SHOW PHENOMENON PLUS 5 MORE BOOKS FOR
$2.  Click for details.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3014/2/_/716111/_/956856308/