Re: a question on nitya-suris

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 25, 2000

There is one more sruthi saying " nasat assetno sataseet ..."(Rg. ved ?)
which means"neither sat nor asat was present " ...
    Scholars please refer to this sruthi also and explain the apparent
contradiction.

Regards,
rajiv

On Mon, 24 Apr 2000, Kasturi Varadarajan wrote:

> Dear friends,
>      The Chandogya Upanishad referring to the creation of the universe says
> that this was `sat' alone which is one only without a second.
>
>   sad-eva saumya idam agra AsIt ekam eva advitIyam
>
>      This Ramanuja interprets as saying that during dissolution chit and
> achit exist in their subtle form. And Brahman with chit and achit in their
> subtle form can be described as `one without a second'
>

>      On the other hand, we have the nitya-suris who have been in Vaikuntha
> for ever irrespective of the state of the universe in its cosmic cycle. They
> can hardly be said to be unmanifest or in their subtle form. How are these
> facts reconciled, if reconciliation is needed at all?
>
> thanks
> Kasturi

> Your high school sweetheart-where is he now?  With 4.4 million alumni
> already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
> find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at:

>            - SrImate rAmAnujAya namaH -
> Visit http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/ for more information

Get 3 months FREE and a chance to WIN a trip to London, England when
you receive, manage and pay your bills online with Paytrust.com!
Stamps, checks and bills in your mailbox are history.  Enroll Today!
http://click.egroups.com/1/3556/2/_/716111/_/956773358/