You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : April 2000

vibhava lOkAs

From: Kasturi Varadarajan (kvaradar_at_cs.uiowa.edu)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 21:28:36 PDT

Dear friends,

For those who like me may have been clean bowled by this paragraph
of Anand:

<Also, according to SAstras, those who perform upAsana (deep
meditation) on the vibhava forms of God will reach the vibhava
lOkas, which are actually inside the material world. Similarly,
those who meditate upon the vyUha forms of God will reach the
vyUha lOkas. Please refer to archives for more information on
this issue. Thus, meditation on Lord KrishNa (and not adopting
any standard upAsana prescribed in Upanishads) will make one
attain GOloka, which is inside the material world only. There
is only one spiritual world called VaikuNTha and there is no
gradation in moksha.>

I think this is the article being referred to:

http://www.ramanuja.org/sv/bhakti/archives/nov99/0037.html

(There are several others
titled `vibhava lOkAs' but they have a lively discussion on Vaikuntha.)
Any other articles that may shed some light on this concept?

thanks
Kasturi

Your high school sweetheart-where is he now?  With 4.4 million alumni
already registered at Classmates.com, there's a good chance you'll
find her here. Visit your online high school class reunion at: