RE: An Advaita Point and its refutation

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 17, 2000

> SrI rAmAnujAya namaH
>

> That's why vedAs, originated from Supreme Lord itself has been given to us ,
> for following, there fore we should simply follow the vedAs for getting
> perfect knowledge.

  Could anyone please clarify the "Srivaishnava" position on this issue?

 I don't think vedas have origin. It is considered "anadi" and
"Apaurusheya"  Of course it
was first instructed to the "non- mukthas" by the LORD to Chaturmukha
brahma.

> 4.	Sruti - sabda ( based on hearing from disciplic succession -
> starting from LORD himself )

    It is furthur argued that though we get correct knowledge from the
vedas .. it is we who interpret them.....so again the problem remains as
to who is the right person to interpret them !!!
	I think that is the reason why we have a lot of interpretaions!!!
(though from the same disciplic succession)

 It is important to note that though "ISKCON" have the same disciplic
succession  from MADHVA they have a different doctrine!!!! ( This is not
the forum to discuss this.... Please refrain from posting this into this
forum.....however U can send personal mails)

Hare Krishna,
rajiv

http://click.egroups.com/1/2200/2/_/716111/_/955961369/