You are here: Sri Vaishnava Home Page : Bhakti List : Archives : April 2000

Re: [pancharatra and vaikhanasa ]

From: M.S.HARI (Madabhushi Sarangarajan Hari) (mshari_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Apr 16 2000 - 20:17:06 PDT

Dear Shree Kasturi Varadarajan,

Paancharaatra and Vaikhanasa are two Vaishnava Aagamas. Paancharaatra
is authored by Lord Vishnu while Vaikhanasa is authored by Vikhanasa
muni. Marichi, Atri, Brugu are few among contributers for Vikhanasa.
Both are strictly in accordance with the Veda and taken as authority.
The temple ritualls are from ancient period. Whatever aagama with
with they were built, is being followed mostly till now. Of course
few Aacharyas have converted few temple rituals to Paancharaatra
which is more popular and celebrated in Brahma Sutra.

Thanks & Regards
M.S.HARI Raamaanuja Daasan.

Kasturi Varadarajan <kvaradar@cs.uiowa.edu> wrote:

>	MIME Type: multipart/alternative
Dear Friends,
     I have read that among the two agamas, Vaikhanasa and Pancharatra,
Ramanuja preferred pancharatra. Is this correct? If so, what are the
reasons?

     In view of the series of postings on Emberumanar and VP, DP, and BH,
I request people to view my questions, and any responses that might follow,
dispassionately. There are Vaikhanasa and pancharatra temples that are very
dear to every Srivaishnava.

-Kasturi

Get your money connected @ OnMoney.com - the first Web site that lets
you see and manage all of your finances all in one place.