RE: Digest Number 5

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 10, 2000

Sri Raamajayam

As a true Sri Vaishnavite Sri Madhavakkannan has downplayed his role amidst the
Bhagavathaas he loves.  It is Adiyen's Parama Bhagyam to know him and his great
family.   The dog that licks the Ganges Waters is in no way an example for
Sri Madhavakkannan Swami even when we all know our Acharya's greatness
and his Divya Kalyaana Gunaas stands much apart from us Lowkikaas.  Sri Madhavakkannan has
started the greatest Sri Vaishnava movement on South East Asia and it is his mercy, that
Adiyen and many other Bhagavathaas were even interested in our Sampradayam.

At this juncture Adiyen wanted to mention something about the Boston Sri Vaishnavite
community(Adiyen spent the weekend there).  Boston is indeed blessed with Sri Vaishnavas of
great stature on every lineage of Sri Raamanuja(Thenkalai, Madam, Munithriyam).  Adiyen
had the Parama Bhagyam to stay with Sri Muralidhar Rangaswamy, who made every effort  to
make Adiyen linked to Sri Vaishnavas in the Boston Area.  He is a very kind of person who
remembers small favours and returns them multifold with his compassion and generosity.
The trip was Adyadputham and listening to Sri.Muralidhar speak on several works, is a great
pleasure.

On the day of Adiyen's arrival(Saturday, Apr 8th), we got to celebrate our Acharya's 79th TN
grandly with select verses of Adi Trupthi to our Acharya, from the Naalayiram in addition to
Sri.Muralidhar Swamin rendering Vedas immersing our Acharya/Divya Dhampathis in great
happiness.  As if to say yes, the day was very bright and heavy winds were creating a lot of
Aravaaram(Jeyagosham).  Later that night, Adiyen was given a special treat of witness Sri Srinivasa in
Chakravarthi Thirumagan Kolam, sitting over Hanumantha Vahanam.  Sri Raama was holding a
great Sarangam over his hand with an arrow ready to pierce our hearts of all its Thaapas.  How I longed to
have had been Ravana(without having to commit those horrendous sins, yet taken away by my Lord by his hands).

There were three sessions in progress.  The Akanda Paarayanam of Sri Thulasida's Sri Ramacharita Manaas rendered very beautifully by the Gujarathi community and continuosly went on for 48hrs.
The Sundara Kanda Paarayanam sung in unison
by the Boston Sri Vaishnavites.  To Adiyen's deep satisfaction and happiness, I noticed the younger generation being so much involved in Sri Vaishnava Siddhantha, that it appeared that America is assured
of being a safe haven and growth for Sri Vaishnavites(like Melkote for Sri Raamanuja).
In parallel the Bhattar was singing beautiful paasurams on Chakravarthi Thirumagan from the Divya Prabhandam.   Eventually the Sundara Kanda Parayanam closed with Saathumurai and recitation of Sri Raghuveera Gadhyam.

On Sunday, Adiyen had the opportunity to listen to Adiyen's very first Tele Upanyaasam, that too
from our Acharya on a very great topic "Sri Paadhuka Sahasram".  Adiyen enjoyed this event as
well as the many Bhagavathaas who called in to convey their joy at Sri.Muralidharan Swamis residence.
I understand Sri Sadagopan Maama would come out with the excerpts, thus saving my weak skills on expressing Asmad Acharyan/Swami
Desikans beautiful work.

Invoking our Acharyas blessings, Adiyen am sure that more Bhagavathaas would join together and involve in great Sri Vaishnava
activities and reach present/eternal happiness.

Adiyen Sri Raamanuja Daasan,

Sudarsana Dasosmi

Message: 3