Re: New member Introduction

From the Bhakti List Archives

• April 10, 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: kmahesh
Sent: Monday, April 10, 2000 1:55 AM
Subject: New member Introduction

> I would be indebted grately, if vaisnavas can suggest any book
on Sri
> Vaisnavism, for a beginer.

Welcome to the Bhakti list, Sri Mahesh.

While there are several excellent primer books on SriVaishnavam.
Among books in English,  I would highly recommend The Way and the
Goal by Dr. Vasudha Narayanan.  It is a lucid work that
summarizes the basic philosophical views and devotional mood of
SriVaishnavam in its early years of development, from the AzhwArs
to Sri Ramanuja and his immediate sishyas.   I believe that you
can order this book through Amazon.com

A slightly more detailed work that goes into the nuances of the
philosophy is A Dialogue on Hinduism by V N Gopalan Desikan.
This book should be available in India, and can probably best be
obtained through the Visistadvaita Research Center in Chennai.

I hope this helps as a start.

dAsan

Mohan

Win $1000 this Friday!