[Vidyasankar S.: regarding 'sarira-sariri bhava']

From the Bhakti List Archives

• August 23, 1994

Hello group,

No activity here for a while!

A while back, Sudarshan posted a couple of interesting and
detailed notes regarding the Advaitic concept of the self
vis a vis Visistadvaita. He focused primarily on 'tat tvam asi'
and the 'sarira-sariri bhava' (the fundamental Visistadvaita
idea that the Paramatma ensouls and controls the entire universe
and all creatures from within).

I forwarded those notes to Vidyasankar Sundaresan, my friend
who is a devoted follower of Sankara. Here is his first response,
which deals with the 'anirvacanIya' (inexplicability) of the
sarira-sariri bhava that he accused Visistadvaita of.

His next one, regarding 'tat tvam asi', comes in the next
email.

Comments and questions, no matter how fundamental, from any and all
are appreciated.

Mani

------- start of forwarded message (RFC 934 encapsulation) -------